Friday 31 October 2014

Pumpkin Carving

Happy Halloween guys!

I've been contemplating buying a pumpkin to carve for about two weeks now and then yesterday I thought why the hell not and bought one. Its been a quite a while since i've actually carved a pumpkin, so I looked on Pinterest for some inspiration (as you do). I found this cool idea to use cookie cutters to cut neat shapes out, but it didn't go to plan! I tried to hammer the cookie cutter into the pumpkin, but it wouldn't go through. So instead I used it as a template, and it worked out well :)

You will need: 
  • Pumpkin
  • Cookie Cutter
  • Knife
  • Colander
  • Big Serving Spoon 
1) Cut the lid out of the pumpkin. This involves a certain amount of wiggling.
2) Once the lid is cut out, you can scoop out the insides of the pumpkin using a big serving spoon. You can discard the seeds or wash and roast them (yummy!) 
3) Using the cookie cutter as template, imprint the cookie cutter shapes onto the pumpkin making a design of your choice. 
4) Carefully cut out the shapes. I suggest cutting out small bits at a time.
5) Once cut out, put a tealight inside the pumpkin sit back and admire your work :)
Hope you enjoy, if you guys carved pumpkins we would love to see them, so please tweet us a picture :)

Don't know what to do with the left over pumpkin seeds? Why not try out my recipe for sweet baked pumpkin seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS