Sunday 21 December 2014

D.I.Y Christmas Decor

Hey Guys, its Alex!


I apologise the lateness of this post, been busy helping Santa in his workshop ;)



As you can see by the title this week i will be showing you quick and easy D.I.Y Christmas Decorations!!
As am slightly bankrupt with buying so many presents, the thought of having to buy christmas decorations on top of all the gift buying too was too much, hence the inspiration for this post, improvised christmas decor
Obviously Pinterest helped me along the way :)

Super glittery string baubles!
My inspiration;


Method
- In a bowl, plop out as much PVA glue as you desired, mix well with some water so it is slightly runny and then add glitter, the more glitter the better!!

- Use as much string as you like/ I used about 50cm-1m worth- colour is up to opinion :)

- Now mix the string in the glittery glue to make the string an explosion of glitter

- nows the tricky bit, (using a print out stencil) place your pins in its desired places, (like the above image of the star)

-fill in the entire area of the pin/stencil area and leave to dry, for fast results, dry via the freezer

My end result; a bit more of a rustic feel and the image doesn't show as much sparkle but trust me it is




The next D.I.Y is Cardboard stars!

These are great for name place tags, hang on the tree or even place around the house. This was pretty simple and uses up wasted cardboard from gift packaging or cereal boxes!! 

Once a star template is printed and cut out, place the star on cardboard and trace around. You also need to find the centre point but don't worry I'll show you.


Cut out 2 stars in cardboard and both need the centre marked. The first star you need to cut down the centre of one spike to the censer point and then the other war you need to cut up the centre point form between the middle of two spikes. Like this Image...

Then slot together




It should look like this…


You can then spray paint or decorate to your hearts content! for the girly girls out there, you could coat the whole thing in pva glue and cover entirely in glitter

Lastly~Lid decoration!


Inspiration;


So mine was much more "crafty" looking than above.


The best thing is to paint the Lid- mason jar lids are usually good starters. 
To start, paint the lid on the outside- hiding logos etc, then I covered the lid in glitter glue and confetti stars- very messy! I left it to dry with it resting on baking paper protecting the surface.

I then found a really cute santa sticker and placed it on top- I think it was from 99p store :) Then I used a dynamo embosser- as I didn't paint my lid the logo was appearing through the glitter so I made a label saying merry christmas one and all. So quick and really effective would be a cute xmas gift!

Here is the end Result!!



Please send in your crafty images via our twitter we'd love to see them!!

We hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year! from all Three of us! 
Have a few drinks on us! you deserve it!


Ps here's a little Christmas treat to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS