Sunday 7 December 2014

Top Ten Christmas Movies!!

Hey, its Alex!
Looking over my top ten personal favourite christmas movies

The best thing to do on a cold winters night is to watch a film, there are always films that are on during the Christmas holidays that are my family's faves! i really don't understand how some adults disregard Christmas films because of their childish and gimmicky story lines but lets be honest, we all love them and if you don't...SCROOGE!! 

Secretly I think they all sit and watch them when their children are not around

Today I'm listing my personal favorite movies, so tell me your favorite christmas films, and potentially inspire a watch for someone :)


Counting down starting at number 10 with frozen
10)

Frozen
Okay, so technically, this is not a "Christmas movie" but it’s got snow! And it was released around the holidays for a reason. In any case, even though its now over a year old this film is never going to get old! I could watch it over and over, over and over again- It makes me reminisce my childhood time in the snow, building snowmen and having snowball fights!
"Let it go, Let it go.."







9)
Arthur Christmas
Okay keeping with the animated movie theme, Arthur Christmas actually ticked a lot of boxes for a film. It may look like a kids film and there is no doubt it kinda is, but for a 20 something girl like me on a dark night feeling sick, full with cold it was actually worth the watch! It had a lot of humour and has lots of famous voices. It was a feel good film!

8)
Christmas with the Kranks
Christmas with the Kranks, well if you haven't seen it SHAME. There are a lot of films that are Christmas related that have Tim Allen in. This film is slightly disappointing and slightly awful but in an odd way you sit through this film actually laughing and enjoying it. 
Total ironic appreciation for this film!


7)
ELF
Elf has to be the best Christmas film of all time! I love Will Ferrell as an actor he is just so funny and brings this film to life. Overall its just a nice film to gather around and watch on Christmas eve!

6)
The Grinch
Dr Seuss's The Grinch has to be on this list, there no doubt its one of the best Christmas films ever!
Jim Carrey is really talented and he brings the character so alive, 
Just a overall good film brilliant for all ages!

5)
Nativity
The Nativity! This film actually tickles me, it is a bit shocking with a poor storyline and some odd acting, but it has good humour and stars Martin Freeman! It is silly, fun and light hearted, just great movie to watch!

4)
Peter Pan Live
NBC Last year released Sound of music Live and to follow they have done Peter Pan Live! Now for anyone who isn't going to see a pantomime this year this kinda makes the magic for you on TV without the awkwardness etc. 
I know some people don't like them and I know this didn't get the best of reviews as its a musical and it has its gimmicks! But it was a good watch - Your about to think we can't watch it in the UK but don't worry! I found a Link just by typing it into google because NBC  streamed it on the Internet!

Here is a sneaky peak!

3)
The Nightmare Before Christmas
There is a lot of debate whether this film is Halloween or Christmas… hm well its both and I think you can watch this film at any time. 
Its a big favourite of mine I love Tim Burton's work! I practically know all the songs of by heart even if it has a slightly dark and twisted feeling to it. This Film is an all time fave and will definitely be on my TV!

2)
Home Alone
" I feel like were forgetting something…. ahhhh KEVIN!!" 
Ahh I bet you guys were worried there, ahh but of course Home Alone!
 No one will ever forget this film and I think as it gets older it gets even better! I mean it definitely teaches you to never trust your parents and that people/persons are probably going to rob houses around Christmas- it happens! 
But this film is one of the best Christmas films with its slapstick esque comedy and overall makes Christmas better!


1)
The Muppets Christmas Carol
There are many interpretations of the Christmas Carol, but it definitely feels like Christmas once you have seen The Muppet's Christmas Carol! It is a family fave, I loved the Muppet's when I was a kid and this film just summarises my childhood. Overall my favourite film to watch over the Christmas in fact… I may just get out the videotape- yes I said Videotape- I still own a video player ! 

Anyway I hope you enjoyed my Top Ten Movies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS