Sunday 7 June 2015

May Glossybox Review

Hey sweeties, April here!

Welcome to my 3rd & final monthly installment of my glossybox subscription service! I've learnt i have a love/hate relationship with subscription boxes, they're like surprises for yourself every month that will be filled full of amazing little gifts that you can't understand how you went your life without or packed with products that have no use so you try and palm them off to your family members.

If you're not familiar with GlossyBox, GlossyBox is a monthly beauty subscription box that offers 5 full or deluxe size samples of products for £10/month. They offer mostly high-end products, but they throw in some great drugstore items too.

This month Glossybox is all about getting ready for summer - beautifully, it contains "all the essentials you need to prep for the balmy days ahead"


So what’s inside the box?
  • MeMeMe Enchanted Eyes Dual Ended Eye Wand in Midnight Storm. Full size worth £6.95
  • Etre Belle Aloe Vera Ultra Moisturising Gel, 40ml full size worth £15.93
  • Zerreau Towel Off Shampoo Foam, 70ml sample size worth £3.09
  • Sass Intimate Perfect Skin Concentrate, sample size 30ml worth £3.60
  • Collection Cosmetics Lipstick in Field Day, full size worth £2.99
Total value of box = £32.56.

 (image)

Zerreau Towel Off Shampoo Foam (sample size, full size is £7.95)
I gave this a go this morning and was pleasantly surprised. It’s a weird product but it works. I don't know if I prefer it to my usual Batiste dry shampoo, but I'll definitely use it until it runs out.

MeMeMe Enchanted Eyes Dual Ended Eye Wand (full size product worth £6.95)
MeMeMe seems to becoming a regular product in Glossyboxes. Though I've not seen any products out on the high street, I would be tempted to have a browse and possibly buy based on the products I've tried so far. This duel ended wand is in the shade midnight storm. It features a turquoise shade and then a darker blue on the other end. It’s highly pigmented and shimmery and is something I'm going to enjoy experimenting with a bit!

Etre Belle Aloe Vera Ultra Moisturising Gel (full size product worth £15.93)
I'm sure most of you have heard about Aloe Vera being soothing for skin, which makes this moisturiser the perfect travel companion. Use twice a day to soothe, moisturise and improve your skin's elasticity. The bottle makes it quite easy to travel with, too, and I think I’m going to save this for my summer holiday

SASS Intimate Perfect Skin Concentrate (sample size, full size product costs £12)This is one of those products that I'd never consider looking into, let alone purchasing. I've used it twice on my legs in the past few days, and I can't say that I've seen a massive difference compared to without using it. Although it does take that initial itchy, “I've just shaved my legs” feel away – which is nice! But not worthy of £12

Collection Cosmetics Lipstick in Field Day, full size worth £2.99
I like the packaging, the brand and the formula. However I'm not a massive fan of the colour. It doesn't suit my skin tone at all, which is a shame because it’s perfect for summer. I'll probably give it to one of my friends, who will give it more love than I can.



All in all an interesting box with a range of different products and brands. Its the last of my 3 month subscription, which i don't think i will further either. Most of the products that i have received are either passed on to family members or down at the bottom of my makeup collection now, unfortunately.
I do however want to try something new! which beauty subscription boxes do you love? recomend me some different subscription services below!

Toodlepip xx


To find more of my social media ramblings, check me out!

Follow



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS