Monday 22 September 2014

DIY Topshop Inspired Tshirt


Today I thought I would do a fashion DIY for you guys. I saw this T-shirt in Topshop and thought why not try and make it myself. Personally for me when I see a plain tshirt like this which is covered in not that many beads I really do think its not worth the £30! I would rather make it myself...and thats what I did. 
I bought a similar T-shirt from Primark which cost me £3 and I have loads of beads at home so I used those. But you can buy packs of beads really cheap especially at the Rag Market in Birmingham. Also Hobbycraft has a growing amount of bead choices, so its worth having a pop into there. 
You Need:
  • A plain T-shirt 
  • Scissors
  • Thread and needle
  • Variety of beads and gems
  • Fabric glue or all purpose glue
  • Spare paper 
1) First of all lay your T-shirt on a flat surface then get some spare paper and slide it into the T-shirt. This will ensure that when u glue the beads on it will not stick the T-shirt together.

2) Lay your beads in any design of your choice. I used the Topshop tshirt as a guideline.
 3) Now start to glue them onto your T-shirt. I would advise you to use the glue sparingly. The reason why I used glue, is to ensure that the beads don't run away whilst I try to secure them permanently with my needle a thread.

4) Once all the beads are glued on leave the T-shirt to sit, dry and setttle for 24hours. By doing this you are making sure that the beads are securely stuck onto your T-shirt.
5) Secure all your beads with a needle and thread and your done!

Hope you enjoy making this T-shirt as much as I did. If you do manage to make it tweet me a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS