Wednesday 30 July 2014

Butternut squash soup with chilli & crème fraîche



Hey guys! April here, and I'm making soup!


(This is what its ment to look like!)

Soups are the only way I will eat any sort of vegetables, so I try and make lots of different types of soups to keep up my 5 a day veg!

Here I’m going to tell you how to make my favourite soup-
Butternut squash soup with chilli & crème fraîche
Serves 4

Calories Protein Carbs Fat  Saturates Fibre Sugar  Salt
  264           5g          28g    15g     7g           6g      17g   0.61g




Ingredients
1 butternut squash, about 1kg, peeled and deseeded
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 onions, diced
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
2 mild red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
850ml hot vegetable stock
4 tbsp crème fraîche, plus more to serve






Method

~Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.

~Peal the skin off the squash, I didn't and you could tastes the chunks! yuk

~Cut the squash into large cubes, about 4 cm/1½in across, and then toss in a large roasting tin with olive oil.
(Roast for 30 mins, turning once during cooking, until golden and soft.)

~While the squash cooks, melt the butter with the oil in a large saucepan, then add the onions, garlic and ¾ of the chilli.

(Cover and cook on a very low heat for 15-20 mins until the onions are completely soft.)

~Tip the squash into the pan, add the stock and the crème fraîche, and then whizz with a stick blender until smooth. for a really silky soup, put the soup into a liquidiser and blitz it in batches.

(Be careful with a stick blender! I'm still finding soup all over the kitchen because I lifted it out the pan too early) 
~ season to taste.


~Serve the soup in bowls with swirls of crème fraîche and a scattering of the remaining chopped chilli.


finito! 


 And here is my finished dish! 
I didn't sprinkle more chilli on top of the soup because, for me, it was spicy enough.


So have a go and create this beautiful healthy soup!

Toodlepip xx


Too find more of my social media ramblings, check me out!

Twitter | Facebook | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Tumblr | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS