Friday 15 May 2015

Iconic Hollywood Glossybox Review

Hello my little sugar tots... it's been a while!
I realise this post comes slightly late but hey! better late than never right? life has got in the way this month..sorry

My April GlossyBox finally hit my doorstep *cough, 4 weeks ago, cough* after seeing all the hype gathering up about the box online, it's safe to say I was excited!


The theme is Iconic Glamour and was based around four very iconic ladies, it comes in four colour options this month, blue, pink, yellow and green. Each colour represented an icon; Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Rita Hayworth and Elizabeth Taylor, although each box still has Marilyn on the front... confusing right!?

My first impression of the April Glossybox wasn't great. When I opened it, I was underwhelmed by what I found. It just felt like there were tiny products in a mass of tissue paper and a massive box. 


So what’s in the box?
  • Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in Kiss – Full size worth £10.00
  • POP Beauty Kajal Eyeliner Pen – Full size worth £6.50
  • Darphin Exquisage Beauty Revealing Cream 5ml – 50ml is £65 so 5ml is £6.50
  • Colour Club Barely There Nail Polish – Full size worth £4.10
  • Nougat London Soothing Bath Pearls – 35ml worth £6.00
  • Total value of box = £33.10



Lord & Berry Lip Crayon in Kiss - £10

We had a spoiler earlier in the month so I already knew that I was going to receive a bright red lip pencil, Lord & Berry in shade Kiss. This colour definitely has Hollywood glamour written all over it, a bright cherry red, perfectly Marilyn. However after having a lot of time to try out the product, I'm really disappointed... the pencil leaves a really matte finish which is really drying on the lips so without any sort of lip primer this pencil will be a trick and a half to keep perfect for the day, unfortunately this has gone straight to the bottom of the makeup pile..

Astral Original Face & Body Moisturiser - £3.89 for 200ml

This, I'm not so crazy about, I've seen it for years in boots stores and it's not something I'd go and pick up. This moisturiser is said to be a favourite of Hollywood stars since the 1950’s. As well as providing deep moisture, it can also remove makeup! I'm going to save it for holiday where it would be a great mini product. There’s nothing worse than taking loads of products on holiday, especially full size skin products!

Pop Beauty Kajal Pencil in Sooty Black - £6.50

Eye liner is something nearly every girl has in her make up bag. So from the point of glossybox a full sized eye liner is playing it pretty safe. The eyeliner is said to be a soft pencil, ideal for smudging (with the little smudger on the end) into a smoky eye look, however the eyeliner doesn't seem to last long and the "smudger" on the end instead of creating a beautiful smoky eye actually wipes the liner straight of your eyes. Sadly another product straight in the bottom of my collection.

Colour Club Polish in Barley There - £4.10 for 15ml

The Colour Club Nail Lacquer in Barely There is the perfect nude shade for fairer complexions – but – I have to say I was actually quite disappointed with this polish. It was just so sheer. On first application it might as well have been a clear polish, and I was still nowhere near full opacity after three applications. I guess it just depends what you’re looking for in a nail polish. I personally like a full and intense colour. If you prefer a very sheer colour that just gives shine, then this is for you.

IDC Luxury Body Lotion in Warm Lavender - £3.59 for 200ml

This lotion is a quickly absorbing, hydrating and nourishing, leaving the skin beautiful, silky soft and delicately scented. It is inspired from our favourite Hollywood icons, who loved pampering the skin with aroma of lavender. For me this product was the only positive, the smell is glorious! I have trouble sleeping so having the aroma of lavender really helps me shut my brain up and pop off to sleep. all in all lovely product, it's now proudly presented on my bedside table.

All in all a pretty negative box filled with products I'm undoubtedly going to try and pass of to my younger sister, unfortunately i paid for the 3 month collection so i still have a month to go, lets hope next months box is 100% better otherwise I'm going to have to find a new makeup subscription service.


Toodlepip xx


To find more of my social media ramblings, check me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS