Tuesday 24 March 2015

March Glossybox Review

Hello my little sugar tots, guess what‽ I've received my first ever Glossybox, so heres my product review!
Since i have my job now to fuel my makeup addiction, i figured i could commit
 to a monthly makeup fix and Glossybox was my first port of call, 
any other monthly makeup subscriptions you guys recommend?
Just look at the attention to detail! so beautifully, aesthetically pleasing it makes my heart burst with love

I received my box on Friday so Ive had a couple of days to review all of this months products and lets just say am a happy bunny! not only have i tried all the products but i have loved each and everyone too (one exception)

NAOBAY - Moisturising Peeling- Full Size 100ml RRP £13.71

The first item in my box is the full size Naobay Moisturising Peeling (worth £13.71), which is an organic 'peeling milk' from Spanish Eco-brand Naobay.  Its described as being a "start over" for skin. The product contains particles from the acai tree to remove dulling dead skin cells and brighten the complexion. Following the products organic branding, the packaging is really lovely, the lid is made from repurposed wood, which gives it a real rustic appearance. The consistency of the product is lightweight very fluid cream with tiny exfoliating particles (which could be bigger tbh) that gently buff the skin. I've used this every evening since Friday and i can tell you this product is worth it, it leaves my skin beautifully soft, feeling clean, and fresh- which can only be a good thing right? the only negative i can think of is that i would have liked there to have been more exfoliating particles within the cream for a deeper feeling cleanse, and lastly i would have preferred a thicker cream, they're not joking when they call it a milk. The first time i used this product i was in the bath, i wasn't expecting such a milky consistency and over filled my hand leading me to lose a bit in the bath- what a waste! silly me! Overall  7/10

Essence- Lash Princess Volume Mascara- Full Size 12ml RRP £3.30

Next up is a brand I haven't tried before but I've read lots of positive things. At £3.30 this is definitely a bargain mascara. I like the black and orange design on the tube, with an orange corseted design on the lid which makes for great grip when applying to the lashes (and to subconsciously tell you where the rounded part of the brush is- nice touch) The mascara has a 'curved-head' shaped wand which has short bristles along the underside of the wand, and longer bristles around the top. Again I've given this product ago everyday and yes its a pretty decent budget mascara but nothing can tear me away from my benefit they're real mascara, i would recommend it as a makeup starter kit.
5/10




Dove Advanced Hair Series-Youthful Vitality Shampoo & Conditioner Duo – Travel Size 50ml x 2

This appears to be a new range from Dove and mainly concentrates on ageing hair to give it the boost it needs with a unique formula infused with Cysteine rich-Protein and Elasto-Lipids, bringing a deep replenishment with double fullness to create youthful and thicker looking hair. Yes it does all of them things, and although i don't have "ageing hair" i do have damaged hair *Que sob story from hair bleaching experience* ive definitely seen a big difference in the condition of my hair, theres less breakage, and the hair feels satin soft- my favorite!
*cough* i just ordered the full size bottles from boots 8/10

ncLA- Nail Lacquer- Full Size 15ml RRP £13.00

When I opened the box, the very first product which caught my eye was the full size ncLA Nail Lacquer worth £13 The ncLA are luxury nail lacquers, meaning they are 100% free of DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde, but also of camphor and animal testing. The colour got me really excited and ready for the sun! I got the shade "Like....Totally Valley Girl"which is a gorgeous, bright pink/orange which makes me excited for the three 's' (sun, sea & sand) I must be honest though, its the biggest anti climax of the whole box collection, when i tried it, the varnish came out really watery, even after 3 coats, so i just removed the colour. Lets just say i let my sister have it. 2/10

Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm- full size 2g RRP £4.49

Still, as Glossybox so rightly put it "a handbag hero" Carmex is one of the most popular lip brands alongside the likes of Vaseline in the UK. This is a sheer tint balm that helps give your lips an enhancing boost. It’s packed with vitamin E, aloe and Shea butter to keep your smoochers smooth. To expand on the lip enhancing (i was a little confused) it basically means it give the sense of tingling on your lips, it doesn't hurt like the soap and glory lip enhancing products *ugh, horrifying flash back* its already made it to my everyday makeup pot and it makes a huge difference during these dry, yet cold months still- No more cracked lips for moi! 9/10



I hope you liked this review! and maybe inspired you to start your monthly subscription? I've just signed up for 3, ha- whups! what other beauty product monthly subscriptions would you recommend? 

Toodlepip xx


To find more of my social media ramblings, check me out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS